you got how much?

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

"All I ever wanted was love"

The new(ish) Lauryn Hill, "Lose Myself." It's pretty good. I dont know why it s on the Surf's Up soundtrack but it s pretty good. Could Lauryn really be back on track? Everyone's been saying that for years. A year or so ago, I remember reading something where a producer was saying that what Lauryn was working on was groundbreaking, a new sound, so ahead of our time and so on.

I think this song sounds fresh. Contrapuntal is the word, isnt it? Opposites. She's half singing, half rapping, slow and mid tempo but the melody and beat s quick and thumping.

Shades of Outkast, Andre and Big Boi. But the lyrics are all Lauryn.

And theyre good lyrics too.

2 comments:

The Nightshift Chronicler said...

you're right. this is pretty good.

Anonymous said...

nice... it's *the* anti-diva sound.

Blog Archive

About Me

I'd like to stand on my head. It's been a while.